The BSP-1200 ultrasonic liquid processor is designed for procedure optimization and medium-scale production. It is capable of continuous 24/7 operation and can handle unlimited liquid volumes.
- The BSP-1200 ultrasonic liquid processor comes standard with: 1200 W ultrasonic generator, water-cooled transducer, half-wave Barbell Horn®, flow-through reactor chamber (flow cell), heavy-duty support stand, spanner wrench set, and noise reduction ear muffs. Optional items include: full-wave Barbell Horn®, storage/mixing tank with integrated mixer, peristaltic pump, water chiller, magnetic stirrer with hotplate, jacketed beaker, NanoStabilizers®, and filters.
- The BSP-1200 processor can be used in batch and flow-through configurations (see schematics on the left). Details are available under the SPECIFICATIONS tab.
- The BSP-1200 processor utilizes patented Barbell Horn® Ultrasonic Technology (BHUT), which makes it possible to generate extremely high ultrasonic amplitudes at any scale of operation. By upgrading to our larger BHUT-based unit, the ISP-3000, any process optimized with the BSP-1200 can be directly scaled-up to an industrial production environment, while maintaining the same processing conditions and reproducible results.
- Download Ultrasonic Processors Comparison Chart
- Ultrasonic generator (1200 W)
Input voltage:100 Vac – 240 Vac
@ 50/60 Hz
Rated current:20 A max.10 A max.
- Output characteristics: 1200 W (max.), 20 (+/- 1) kHz
- Additional features: continuous resonance frequency lock, automatic power adjustment, fine amplitude adjustment and lock (20 – 100 %), real-time monitoring of output power and frequency, optional external control, optional pulsed operation.
- Water-cooled piezoelectric transducer (SWCT-1200)
- Output Characteristics: amplitude — 24 μm (max.), frequency — 20 (+/- 1) kHz, power — 1200 W (max.)
- Half-wave Barbell Horn® (HBH, 32 mm tip diameter)
- Output characteristics: amplitude — 94 μm (max.), frequency — 20 (+/- 1) kHz, power — 1200 W (max.)
- Flow-through reactor chamber (flow cell)
- Features: 1/2″ tri-clamp inlet and outlet, cooling jacket with valved quick-disconnects.
- Full-wave Barbell Horn® (FBH, 35 mm tip diameter, amplitude — 97 μm (max.))
- Support stand with clamp holders
- Storage/mixing tank with integrated mixer
- Peristaltic pump
- Water chiller
- Magnetic stirrer with hotplate
- Stainless steel jacketed beaker
- Flow-through filters
- Noise reduction ear muffs
- Sound enclosure
- Materials of wetted parts:
- Reactor chamber — 316 Stainless Steel. Food compatible.
- Horns (FBH, HBH) — Ti6Al4V. Food compatible.
- Gaskets — Buna-N or Teflon. Food compatible.
- O-rings — Buna-N. Food compatible.
- Noise level:
- 103 – 106 dBa at 2′ away. Noise reducing earmuffs or sound enclosure required.
- 500 ml – 2 L — with FBH (batch mode)
- 1 L – unlimited — with HBH + reactor chamber (flow-through mode)
- Productivity rates
- Productivity rates are highly dependent on the nature of each process and range from about 1 L/h for challenging tasks (e.g., top-down nanocrystallization of active pharmaceutical compounds) to over 50 L/h for fast processes (e.g., degassing, deagglomeration).
- 5 times faster processing than with the LSP-600
Get instant pricing,
request a proforma invoice.